Welcome to IndieWeb Utils documentation!
indieweb-utils is a Python library that provides building blocks for people implementing IndieWeb applications. This library also contains implementations for some specifications that may be useful in IndieWeb applications.
To install IndieWeb Utils, use this command:
pip3 install indieweb-utils
You can import the package using the following line of code:
Below, you will find links to all of the methods available in IndieWeb Utils.
This project is licensed under an MIT license.
- Discover IndieWeb endpoints
- Find an article author
- Find a post type
- Custom Properties
- Find the original version of a post
- Find all feeds on a page
- Get a Representative h-card
- Get a Page h-feed
- Infer the Name of a Page
- Get all URLs a Post Replies To
- Generate Reply Context
- Generate a URL Summary
- IndieAuth Features
- Get application scope reference
- Discover IndieAuth endpoints
- Get a h-app object
- Get a profile response object
- Retrieve Valid Links for Use in RelMeAuth
- IndieAuth Endpoint Scaffolding
- Generate an authentication token
- Validate an authorization response
- Redeem an IndieAuth code at a token endpoint
- Validate an access token created by a token endpoint
- Determine if a user is authenticated
- Handle an IndieAuth callback request
- Really Simple Discovery (RSD)
- Content Utilities
- Salmention Features
- Paginating a list of posts
- [0.8.0] - 2023-03-09
- [0.7.2] - 2023-03-02
- [0.7.1] - 2023-03-02
- [0.7.0] - 2023-03-01
- [0.6.2] - 2022-10-21
- [0.6.1] - 2022-10-21
- [0.6.0] - 2022-10-18
- [0.5.0] - 2022-10-13
- [0.4.0] - 2022-10-11
- [0.3.1] - 2022-10-10
- [0.3.0] - 2022-10-10
- [0.2.0] - 2022-02-15
This package provides functions that cater to the following needs:
Generating reply context for a given page.
Finding the original version of a post per the Original Post Discovery specification.
Finding the post type per the Post Type Discovery W3C note.
Finding the webmention endpoint on a page, if one is provided.
Canonicalizing a URL.
Discovering the author of a post per the Authorship Specification.
Handling the response from an IndieAuth callback request.
If any of the above use cases resonate with you, this library may be helpful. Please note this library does not fully implement all IndieWeb specifications.
Rather, this library provides a set of building blocks that you can use to speed up your development of IndieWeb applications.
Here are a few of the many applications that may benefit from the functions provided in this library:
Any application that needs to canonicalize a URL.
An application implementing IndieAuth authentication.